- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented and motivated Program Manager in Arlington to support Amazon Web Services. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. The successful candidate will join the AWS Legal Regulatory Compliance team, which supports data center construction, operations, and compliance with a wide range of regulatory regimes.
The role will focus on leading projects for cross-functional teams focused on delivery of new compliance systems and implementation of compliance improvements affecting entire groups or departments. Responsibilities will include direct management of our growing and evolving portfolio of compliance functions across multiple business units including products, environment, health & safety, and trade compliance. The role will also involve creation and management of compliance tools, educating and coaching legal colleagues and business teams on compliance processes, and modeling/designing projects for global roll-out.
The successful candidate must:
• Be skilled in project and priority triage, work effectively within broad parameters, and operate with considerable autonomy and discretion;
• Be able to shift easily between a granular, close-up perspective and a high-level strategic view;
• Be curious, creative, attentive to detail, committed to customer service, an excellent communicator, and able to forge positive and collaborative working relationships across multiple business units; and
• Be self-motivated and perform independent and team work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing.
• 5+ years of prior work experience and a Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of prior work expeirnece in a legal office or department
• Advanced degree in a relevant field
• Prior experience with program management and process improvement
• Prior experience leading cross-functional teams to common objectives and motivating and focusing people resources outside one's own business unit
• Prior experience working across national borders or on projects with an international reach
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top