At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we make that easier by removing barriers, fixing defects, and enabling self-service.
We are looking for a Program Manager for Screening Services, who will support Global Drug Testing & Medical Checks. The diversity of workers at Amazon is unprecedented, and this creates a significant opportunity for a new leader. Amazon is the fastest growing large employer in the world, and we need to deliver screening services, including background checks and drug tests, at the fastest rate, with the highest quality, and with the maximum flexibility a unique business problem that no other company in the world is facing.
We are looking for an exceptional inventor and problem solver, who has strong project and program management experience. In this role you will lead some of the new key strategic projects that are to change the way we operate our Screening Services Programs, with high visibility to the business.
You will interact with fast-moving customers, and your challenge will be to design and deliver an optimized and flexible shared service (consisting of vendors and operations) that responds quickly to diverse and quickly changing needs but remains accurate and compliant. You will require data-driven judgment, and be able to earn trust with your customers. The programs within this portfolio are varied and you will need to look across programs and businesses to identify innovative and out-of-the-box solutions that will deliver significant impact. This includes designing new programs and continuously re-inventing existing programs to better serve our customers. Successful Program Managers within this group are strategic innovators who can pivot quickly, thrive in ambiguous environments, turn strategic vision into tactical solutions, and are always looking at the data to drive ongoing improvements.
Core responsibilities include:
• Leadership Lead global initiatives, programs and services; work to understand the space and develop of long-term vision as well as plan to implement solutions; drive alignment between stakeholders through strong leadership
• Innovation Explore new and existing spaces to understand current state, and identify creative solutions to shift the way we think about our programs and services; move beyond our current approach to view our space from an entirely new lens
• Deliver Solutions - Design and implement new or modified processes to meet short-term and long-term needs related to Screening programs; build on past experience with successful project delivery, particularly in deploying global services and technologies at scale
• Communication - Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing
• Measurement - Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs; balance skills to dive deep into the data to drive decisions, while also maintaining strategic long-term view
• 5+ years of relevant program and/or project management experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Intermediate to advanced analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with business and technical teams.
• A formal qualification in project management.
• Experience in projects spanning multiple countries, global regions and/or leading cross functional projects.
• A strong track record of sustained and continuously improving operational excellence.
• A passion for invention, experimentation, and learning.
• Leadership in issue-resolution in a deadline driven environment.
• Quick self-started learner.
• Self-starter, strong drive, bias for action and result oriented.
• Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time.
• Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the organization
• Any other languages would be considered an advantage.