- Boston, MA
Payroll Transformation is looking for an exceptional, results driven Program Manager with bias for action and curiosity to deep dive, to support and deliver several global programs on behalf of Payroll.
The role supports the global delivery of several large scale programs and sub programs that includes the adoption to the new People Engine (PE) HCM solution, Time and Attendance (TAA) solutions and Payroll data automation. The role will manage several projects within these programs to a successful on-time launch and drive future project initiatives post launch.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and programme that has global impact and high visibility.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Obtaining a strong understanding of customer needs, key deliverables, priorities and how activities align to the Amazon Leadership Principles.
• Working on multiple projects across multiple time zones at the same time whilst ensuring the structured delivery of each activity to meet our customers' needs.
• Experience / responsibility of delivering large scale projects and or programs.
• Identifying and evaluating potential risks or obstacles with minimal direction and determining appropriate solutions for successful customer delivery.
• Communicating status risks, and changes of program milestones to a large user population and senior business leaders
• Negotiating resources and working timelines with partners to ensure on-time completion and deliver desired business results.
• Supporting and contributing to delivery in a dynamic global landscape while exploring new challenges, new technologies and adhering to aggressive timelines.
• Creating and contributing to business requirements documents, detailed functional specification documents, analysis of change, customer impact, test plans, test cases, user training documents, and implementation documentation as necessary.
• Engagement and coordination of support with the Payroll global Portfolio management team, the Change Management / Change Improvement team and project Intake team to best deliver to our customers.
• Actively participating in and contributing to global workshops and design review sessions with Payroll, HR/ES/ERC, Payroll Tech and PeopleTech business users, providing technical and functional resources at all levels, including global owners of specific work streams.
• Driving continuous process improvement by understanding customer needs and collaborating with stakeholders on designing new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals.
• Supporting the global programme needs by addressing and identifying cross function delivery strategies, risks, concerns, options, recommended approaches and mitigations to ensure a successful Payroll delivery.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2.500 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• 5+ years as a Project Manager working with different business/functional teams
• Bachelor's degree.
• Fluent in English
• Experience working and contributing to project playbooks, building schedules, managing issues/risks, establishing communication plans and stakeholder management.
• Ability to create structure and provide leadership / support in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Ability to excel both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational, facilitation, analytical and collaboration skills.
• The ability to manage multiple projects/programs over multiple time zones /process regions.
• Ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively.
• Experience in Payroll and or HR industry
• Knowledge and experience of Time based solutions, Payroll and or HR Tools.
• Knowledge and experience of process improvement / six sigma tools and methodologies.
• Understanding of Program Management Office (PMO) structure, methods and drivers
• A formal qualification in project management Prince2/PMP is desirable.
Back to top