Program Delivery Manager - Payroll
- Pasay, Philippines
Program Delivery Manager APAC
Do you want to be instrumental in the success of some of Amazon's strategic and highly impactful projects? Amazon's Finance Operations Payroll team has an immediate opening for a seasoned Program Delivery Manager (PDM) as an individual contributor, whose experience illustrates a clear ability to drive business decisions based on data analytics, manage stakeholder engagements, and drive projects to meet medium and long-term business needs. This is a senior regional leadership role; will represent the Payroll Program Delivery function for the entire EMEA region.
The PDM is self-driven, and goal oriented with a focus in delivering business solutions that meets the users' needs. Payroll industry expertise is preferred but not required. The regional Payroll PDM is a member of a global Payroll Program Delivery team. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries.
The Program Delivery function is within the Payroll team (Finance Operations) and as such this position will work with Leadership in Payroll Operations as well as Vendor Management (VM) and Operational Excellence (OE) functions within Payroll to build a program that will support managing regional performance dashboards, stakeholder engagement, financial monitoring and readiness, change request management, data management, vendor summary. In addition, at the core, PDM will support management of the global project delivery for high impact Payroll projects in partnership with the relevant stakeholders. The role may require up to 25% international travel.
- Drive centrally the senior regional stakeholder engagement reviews, and manage the full regional program delivery. Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
- Lead projects for Payroll of medium & large scale and complexity, e.g. new vendor transitions, or partner led Payroll projects.
- Work along with Payroll Operations, vendors, and internal teams to develop and constantly evolve standard dashboard formats and publish them to the stakeholders for discussions and reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Manage certain critical centralized tasks (~ shared services) e.g. review vendor financials and provide cost saving recommendations, drive vendor BCP program, provide strategic vendor RFI and RFP support to enable successful vendor due diligence.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide stakeholders toward an objective.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the users' goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
- Manage and present data to drive strategic business decisions.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
- Partner with the PMO and Payroll teams in assessing tools, approaches, processes, methodology and techniques to improve efficiency.
• 5+ years as a Senior Project Manager working with different business/functional teams, should have implemented complex projects in the areas of product & platform transformation, project management, preferably in the financial sector.
• Solid experience in conducting metrics review meetings with senior stakeholders and customers; exceptional communication and senior stakeholder management skills. Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, to deliver projects and initiatives.
• Strong understanding of financial spend; ability to review cost metrics and drive cost improvements as an enterprise program with operations and other stakeholders.
• Data analysis and modeling skills using multiple systems and sources.
• Basic experience in vendor management, RFP and RFIs.
• Sound knowledge of Shared Services and/or Program Management office
• Excellent verbal, visual, written and listening skills.
• Excellent organizational, facilitation, analytical and collaboration skills.
• Ability to create structure and provide leadership in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Ability to excel both independently and in a team environment.
• Able to navigate somewhat ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a matrix organization.
• Experience in Payroll industry
• Background in Financial services
• Experience in dealing with 3rd party stakeholders
• Automation experience e.g. Macros
• Strong documentation skills
• Experience in PM tools
Back to top