The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Professional Services leader with Business Developoment expertise with Energy background, who can develop and lead significant customer programs during the solution and pursuit stages, develop a long-term Professional Services strategy and execute it with those customers. A successful candidate is a trusted advisor for our customers and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in those accounts, develop C-suite relationship, manage CSAT and supervise projects delivery.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with enterprise customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Engage customers - collaborate with AWS sales and partner teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business and drive AWS adoption in a geographic territory and/or for a named set of customers
• Enable cloud transformation - develop long term Cloud Strategy with customers, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks
• Support the commercial relationship - plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
• Lead matrixed, high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth and outstanding customer relationship skills
• Supervise projects Delivery and Manage Customer Satisfaction
• Be an advocate - work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Think big - ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services
This is a customer-facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed (up to 30%) with a delivery target utilization (up to 16%).
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 15+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles
• Demonstrated success in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology projects to complex enterprise accounts
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• A proven track record of overseeing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• 5 to 10 years experiences in Energy Industry, managing cloud transformation program for CAC40 customer profiles
. 5 to 10 years experiences in doing business development on large enterprise account, managing booking and revenue quotas,
. Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations