We are seeking a seasoned production professional to help manage unscripted content creation and delivery in Australia. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the business. This position will report to the Sr. Production Executive, Unscripted JP/AU and will be assigned a specific set of show projects within the organization.
The candidate will also have great attention to detail and organization skills, as well as the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key.
• Supports multiple unscripted projects in development and production
• Meets with show producers, production managers and creative executives in budget and production meetings
• Works with internal departments and production companies on production safety, security, insurance, child labor, immigration, visa, travel, and tax issues
• Is on-set when necessary to facilitate work-flow, budgets and potential problems both domestically and abroad (as needed)
• Analyzes budgets and cost reports
• Works with post-production to ensure delivery of all required assets.
• Coordination with other internal departments such as creative, marketing, public relations, business affairs, legal, finance, and tax.
• Multiples years of experience as a producer/production manager/line producer
• Strong knowledge and experience in all forms of unscripted television (e.g., competition, docu-follow, Music, variety) across all budget levels
• High level of competency with budgeting, scheduling, and cost reports
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Positive can-do attitude with strong initiative and follow through
• Great judgment and common sense
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• On-set problem solving ability
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• International production experience
• Experience with above-the-line and below-the-line rates and labor laws.
• Working knowledge of production norms and procedures in Australia.
• Wide array of industry contacts throughout Australia.
• Experience with asset delivery
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production
• High attention to detail
• Detailed planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Creative problem-solver
• Awareness of producers, production companies, agents, and other industry players
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment