Product Marketing Manager
Do you have a passion for helping customers protect their most valuable data? Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Are you an expert on cloud security and identity and access management? Are you excited to help customers secure and grow their businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering team as talking with a journalist? The Amazon Web Services Product Marketing team is hiring!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to our customers about AWS' security and identity services, and educate them on best practices and new features. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also work with the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You'll get to work on some of the most foundational services of the AWS Cloud and have a big impact on the success of our customers every day.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2015, AWS launched more than 700 new features and services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for AWS' security and identity services.
- Lead the definition and delivery of our programs to engage with customers
- Crafting & developing compelling audience-specific messages and tools (demos, reference architectures, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
- Disseminate guidance and best practices for security and identity management on the AWS Cloud at events, meetups, and conferences
- Measure and analyze opportunities to improve our marketing programs and innovate new ones
- Work with the engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and define, track, and meet customer engagement goals
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, recruiting, evangelists to achieve business goals
- Build and maintain positive relationships with industry analysts
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as product marketing, technical pre-sales, technology investment banking, management consulting, or product management
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to self-direct, multi-task, and prioritize assignments
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background is preferred
- Knowledge of AWS products, services, and cloud computing
- 3+ years of experience with security and identity and access management (IAM) technologies
- Experience with launching new and disruptive services preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top