- Hyderabad, India
JOB DESCRIPTION Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform technologies through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of high impact solutions/projects that use the newest technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of intelligent cloud technologies? Passionate about Cloud? If so, let's talk!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed product manager - technical (PMT) to lead the solutions development and innovations. You will work in China Solution Development Center to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate cloud technologies. In this role, you'll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for customers with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers.
As a Product Manager-Technical, you will own defining, executing, and delivering a solution roadmap that delivers a unified experience for business customers and technical builders to increase the rate of innovation, and magnify our impact through enabling more business units. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, science, solution architects, products, finance and executive teams to set strategy, launch solutions, drive adoption, and develop and grow business opportunities for AWS. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, work with technical customers to identify and prioritize needs, able to effectively influence up and across the organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple solutions and applications that customers love. Meanwhile, you will be expected to design solution go-to-market strategy as programs, e.g. innovation labs, game days or hackathons. You will work direct to our end users to deliver the value of our solutions and to collect feature requests.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the development of the customer experience for interfacing on top of AWS products
• Define creative, high quality, and clear solution roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create solution specifications and architecture for each solution and application.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
• Create buy-in for the solution vision both internally and across key partners.
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Design GTM programs and deliver solutions/programs to AWS GTM teams
• Coordinate global solution team and AWS GCR team to fully utilize intelligence and resources
• Participate in open source processes
• Supervise the journey of a solution identification/qualification/development/launch/operations
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solutions architect community
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change the cloud industry; we aim to enable millions of people to enrich their experience with everyday cloud experiences that become smarter over time, help them leave a healthier lifestyle, and have closer and more meaningful interactions with their customers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Strong knowledge of software development tools, DevOPS process and methodologies
• Computer Science or engineering degrees highly desired
• 8+ years of professional experience
• 3+ years of product design/development
• Experience working on at least one of: large scale transactional systems, distributed systems, big data systems, ML tools, internet applications or cloud services.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects.
• Experience defining multi-year product strategies and executing on associated roadmaps
• Experience coordinating requirements across customer groups
• Experience in project management
• Experience in consulting/business development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA or Master's degree
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile apps, streaming big data, web services, and back-end application infrastructure
• PMP certified
• Strong skills in using axure or other UX design tools
• 5+ years in working in IT services/consulting company
• 3+ years in working in internet/mobile China company or business units
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
• Experience delivering innovative software products and services in a high growth environment
• Comfortable assessing and taking risks
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience with developer/scientist evangelism
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English/Mandarian
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top