Product Manager, Tech - Smart Home
Alexa is the voice-based intelligence and personality powering Amazon Echo. Want to join a startup team building experiences for the hospitality channel?
Customers love the convenience of Alexa, and many hotels have chosen to add Echo to their rooms so customers can access Alexa when on the road.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that addresses customer and business needs. You will develop the strategy and vision for your area of ownership and provide input into the greater organizational direction that will have an immense impact on customers' interest in and engagement with Alexa. You will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on the strategy and vision you develop. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, legal, and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be analytical, able to thrive in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
- 5+ years experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects.
- 5+ years experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules.
- 5+ years experience discussing technical concepts to a non-technical audience and managing trade-offs
BA or Master's degree
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Relishes ambiguity and change; devises frameworks to resolve and prioritize.
- Manages innovation and brings creative ideas of others to market.
- Familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top