Product Manager Tech
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We're looking for a passionate and talented Product Manager – Technical to define and drive improvements with the customer experience for Alexa users. This role is cross-functional and you will be expected to work closely with engineering, research, design teams, internal operations, and external university partners/customers to collect and analyze data for reporting and technical roadmap development. Additional responsibilities include:
- Partner with internal teams to understand release and deployment pipelines and workflows
- Identify and drive competitive benchmarks with conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities for internal and external applications
- Invent and drive solutions from the data – dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions
Thus, if you're entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build and own transformative products and features for merchants and consumers, join us in making history.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- Over 5 years of professional experience including consumer-facing software product management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Familiarity with voice technology, web services and application infrastructure
- MBA or Master's degree
- 7-10 years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for customers, designing and implementing advanced applications for consumers and third-party partners
- Experience with advanced applications with artificial intelligence, natural language understanding, and/or machine learning technologies
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top