Product Manager - Tech
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Product Manager to be part of the Vancouver-based AWS Serverless Applications Experience team. Serverless is changing the way that companies big and small think about building applications in the cloud and the Serverless group at AWS thinks of themselves as a disruptive startup inside one of the world's most innovative companies - we value speed, high judgement, and justified risk taking. Serverless architectures allow AWS customers to build event-driven, fault-tolerant, and scalable applications in the cloud without requiring any expertise in infrastructure management. Are you interested in developer tools including command line utilities, testing frameworks, and build tools? Love the idea of creating the future of application workflows for the next million developers? Does offering disruptive agility, productivity, and cost efficiency excite you? If you're excited by cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of application workflows, then join us in making AWS Serverless technologies the most successful cloud solution on the planet!
As the owner of AWS's Serverless developer workflows, you will be responsible for making the serverless portfolio the easiest platform to develop on. As a product , you will be a critical part of the AWS Serverless Application Experience leadership group that owns the business model, feature and prioritization of the roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will bring the customer voice to the table and work across AWS engineering teams, business, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technology leaders of the organization to create the developer experience and programming model that delight our customers. Your responsibilities include:
• Communicate and partner with AWS customers to continuously gather their feedback on your product
• Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
• Drive product across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business, and Marketing) through business requirements.
• Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
• Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work and the incredible opportunity serverless technologies represent. Passionate about simplifying complex technology into delightful developer and operator experiences. Obsessed with customers, their needs, and delighting them by delivering quickly. delivering quickly and collaboratively. Someone who possesses a strategic understanding of business goals and is creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developer facing product efforts. Someone with exceptional verbal communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs, and detail-oriented in documenting their analysis of the marketplace, customer requirements, and operational processes.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Experience defining product requirements and using and metrics to indicate what improvements are made
• 5+ years of experience delivering large scale, cross functional, and complex projects
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, solve problems, and understand tradeoffs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as business and technical teams
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong quantitative skills with the ability to use and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• MBA or Master's degree
• Project/Program Management Certification
• Experience communicating with senior management
• Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous problems
• Experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in how to continuously improve the business and define what is next
• Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top