Product IT Summer Intern 2018
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
About the Product IT Intern position:
The Product IT Intern will be responsible for allocation and maintenance of server room IT equipment that that supports the development and testing of the solutions that Amazon Robotics creates. You will be working directly with experienced Systems Engineers and will learn skills that will help jumpstart your career in Information Technology.
- Installation, configuration and cabling of Servers
- Installation, configuration and cabling of Network Switches
- Linux operation system installation and configuration
- Troubleshoot network and server issues
- Qualify new server, network switch, PCs and peripheral hardware, for ultimate use within Amazon FCs
- Create documentation and network diagrams
- The successful candidate will be a high-energy, detail-oriented Information Technology or Computer Engineering major with the desire to learn how internal IT teams support a rapidly growing high-tech software company. The attributes of the successful candidate are described here:
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct reporting authority; must be a team player but work well independently.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Knowledge of different process methodologies and their practical application.
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity and dedication to getting results.
- Professional demeanor with the desire and ability to take ownership of work.
- Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms
- · Currently enrolled in Bachelors or Masters program in a technical field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems etc)
- Junior or Senior year
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with RedHat and/or Ubuntu Linux
- Understanding of standard internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top