Product Development Manager-drone
- Tokyo, Japan
Ring is looking for a Product Development Manager, based Taipei.
As a Product Development Manager you will work closely with other platform, hardware, operations and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and
collaborative peer environment.
• Engineering-oriented Product Development Manager with strong communication skills & experience in consumer/IP camera and robotics products.
• Very fast-moving product development cycles with needs to manage critical issues and allocate time and resources accordingly.
• Will be heavily engaging with overseas teams on product concept, ideas, and implementation while working closely with the existing suppliers.
• Develop high level product development schedule.
• Work on SOW document and participate in RFP/RPQ
• Work alongside hardware, software and QA teams to deliver products on time, with quality
• Work cross-functionally with both internal and external teams to execute product development
• Manage certification status and coordinate with relevant cross function team.
• Manage issue prioritization, risk analysis and trade off.
• Manage engineering changes and BOM on Agile system.
• Proactively identify issue and assign to right owner to resolve the problem.
• Effective in managing multiple tasks and priorities
• Travel up to 20%, including internationally
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 8 years+ project management experience
• 8+ years of experience leading product development life-cycles
• Engineering background a must (EE/ME)
• Strong communication skills in English & Chinese
• Self-driven, motivated, and willing to take on challenges in a very fast-paced environment
• Experience in managing ODM/ IOT/ IP camera/mobile/ video related projects will be a plus.
• Experience in managing IP camera/video related projects a plus, experience in consumer products also
• Experience in managing robotics product development a plus.
• Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top