Product Development Manager, Consumer Electronics, HPB NA
- Seattle, WA
The Product Development Manager (PDM) makes sure the organization delivers the right product to the market, fast. The PDM owns the product development strategy, inclusive of product innovation, industry trends, product features and choice of most efficient workflow. Equipped with category strategy and business objectives from the Business Manager, the PDM owns development and prioritization of the current-year roadmap and works with cross-functional teams as well as suppliers to launch quality products on time, at a cost that meet business tenets, in the form of products our customers love.
Primary deliverables of this role include but not limited to:
• Technology / Innovation Roadmap
• Current-year product development roadmap
• Product specification requirements
• New product launch execution
• Product reviews and product defect resolution
• New launch productivity
• Development process improvements
The PDM oversees a number of related development projects, executing against launch timelines with internal and external stakeholders, lining up resources, quarterbacking decision-making, and ensuring business goals are met. This function also identifies efficiency opportunities and champions development process improvements. We are looking for high-level thinkers that can also execute with speed and precision, comfortable at making black and white out of gray, and are stellar at working with people and managing stakeholders.
• 6+ years in product management/ product development/ global sourcing / project management is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Global Supply Chain
• Proficient in Excel and SQL.
• 5+ years as development lead or a technical lead in consumer products, or experienced program managers with technical acumen.
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
• Strong analytic skills with experience using qualitative and quantitative to develop product strategies.
• Understanding principles of project management or program management
• Experience working with cross-functional teams such as supply chain, sourcing, QA, etc.
• Technical capacity to understand and write product specifications
• Experience in process improvements preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top