Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Product Design Engineer, the candidate should demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems; self-motivation, desire to learn from new challenges, and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work, and must be able to communicate their ideas and concepts verbally and visually. Finally, Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and prove their adaptability to quickly changing contexts and work environments.
• Designing and building 3D models for testing, proof-of-concept, mock-ups, and functional appearance models.
• Finding, interfacing and managing with 3rd party suppliers and integrate their pieces into the whole system design.
• Supporting advanced R&D initiatives & prototyping efforts with team members of other disciplines.
• Participate in the cross-discipline design process for system design, combining your skills with HW and SW team members to arrive at integrated effective system designs.
• Work well with support resources (technicians) to efficiently realize appropriate design portions.
• Identifying emerging technologies to help define development opportunities.
• Researching advanced materials and manufacturing processes.
• Anticipating and correcting issues that may impact mass-production (DFx).
• Supporting positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives.
• Contributing to schedule & milestone commitments.
• Providing cross-functional program integration support.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 5+ years in consumer/handheld product development in high volume manufacturing
• 3D CAD skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods.
• Experience with rapid prototyping processes (3D printing, CNC-machining, laser cutting)
• Experience with mechanism design and prototyping; precision mechanical assembly
• Master's Degree preferred
• PTC Creo experience preferred
• Mandarin language skills
• Previous experience with high-volume consumer electronics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//