Product Certifications Manager
- Taipei, Taiwan
Ring is looking for a Product Certification Manager to advise on regulatory compliance and technical standards certifications. This position requires in depth understanding of wireless technologies and global regulatory compliance standards. The person in this position should have strong technical expertise and in-depth experience with testing products for RF, energy efficiency, safety and environmental regulatory compliance.
• Work closely with cross functional technical teams to understand product requirements, hardware design, mechanical ID and packaging details.
• Determine and interpret the relevant regulatory standards and develop product certification plan schedules to obtain applicable certifications.
• Work with internal and external labs to conduct necessary pre-tests to determine any changes to hardware designs.
• File official paper work and submit products for regulatory compliance and follow up with approving agencies to obtain necessary certifications.
• Work closely with program management teams and develop risk mitigation plans pertaining to certifications.
• Conduct root cause analysis and propose hardware / software changes.
• Researches and stays up to date with global certification requirements (regulatory compliance, technical standards, product labels)
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar technical degree.
• 4+ years of hands on experience with preparing products for regulatory compliance such as FCC / ISED / CE / etc.
• 3+ years of hands on experience with preparing products for industry certifications for Bluetooth / WiFi / ZWave / ZigBee / LTE / etc.
• Experience working with manufacturers and third-party test labs.
• Experience in documenting regulatory and certification requirements.
• 7+ year experience in hardware compliance.
• Ability to multitask in ambiguous and fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top