Procurement Transformation Program Manager, Catalog & P2P
- Alajuela, Costa Rica
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional people. Amazon is seeking a Catalog & P2P Transformation Program Manager to join the Global Corporate Procurement team. The individual will be responsible for driving and measuring the quality, utilization and effectiveness of the catalog procurement program. The Catalog & P2P Transformation Program Manager will also develop and manage the digital and automation roadmap for the global catalog procurement program, working closely with business partners to streamline the procure-to-pay (P2P) process. The ideal candidate will be analytical and detail-driven, will be comfortable influencing stakeholders, and will have excellent procurement, problem-solving, and project management skills.
• Develop Amazon's global catalog quality strategy, working to drive quality and accuracy across the catalog program.
• Deliver procurement savings by conducting strategic sourcing activity including developing category strategies, managing competitive RFPs, evaluating supplier proposals, conducting supplier negotiations, and developing source selection recommendations.
• Build robust relationships with business partners to understand their procurement needs and streamline the procure-to-pay (P2P) process by designing efficient procurement mechanisms.
• Analyze purchasing and transaction data to identify catalog opportunities and to measure catalog utilization and effectiveness.
• Drive stakeholder satisfaction through identifying value add and continuous improvement opportunities within the procure to pay process.
• Manage functionality improvement, automation and digital transformation projects for Amazon's procurement system
• Serve as a subject matter expert on Amazon's procurement systems and processes.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across both global and local teams.
• Provide insight into market developments for source-to-pay and contract and supplier management.
The applicant must have relevant practical experience in delivering and leading activities in some of the following areas of Sourcing and Procurement: digital procurement, procurement transformation, strategic sourcing and cost reduction, supplier innovation and performance improvement
• 7+ years of Procurement/Purchasing experience, including strategic sourcing and negotiation.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Finance, or related field.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize tasks.
• Ability to analyze and develop conclusions from large sets of data.
• Ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Knowledge/experience on variety of procurement technologies and sourcing solutions (Coupa, Oracle, SAP, SAP Ariba, Jaggaer, Zycus, Ivalua, SynerTrade etc.)
• Experience in SQL, Tableau or any Statistics Analytical tool
Back to top