Procurement Project Manager
Amazon is seeking an experienced manager to partner with suppliers, internal business owners, and key stake holders to facilitate procurement and create operational value for Amazon's Audio Visual and Video Conferencing requirements.This role is expected to operate at a worldwide strategic level to standardize global procurement. It is expected to start as an Individual Contributor but gradually add staff as business dictates. This team will initially be policy, tactical processing, and efficiency focused with growth availability into tools development and increased vendor management opportunities. The scope of this position AV and VC procurement for Global operations (NA, EMEA, APAC and India).
- Develop and enact long and short-term global procurement strategy in collaboration with regional leaders.
- Lead major projects and work with vendor management in contract negotiations with AV/VC suppliers.
- Lead standardization of supplier portals and other procurement tooling.
- Build the necessary controls, budgets, policies and procedures to optimize procurement's contribution to Global IT's business objectives.
- Develop and utilize improved metrics and data driving decision-making capabilities.
- Improve overall organizational capability through systems, processes, and talent development.
- Develop and implement integrated supply chain processes that effectively support Amazon's growing and dynamic business models.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- High precision in verbal and written communication in English.
- Proficiency in using financial systems (COUPA, ORACLE) in large organizations.
- Previous experience in purchasing; including supplier relationship management.
- Must have process improvement experience.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Proven organizational and motivational skills.
- Master's Degree (MBA or Technical).
- LEAN or Six Sigma experience.
- Experience leading the implementation of new processes, systems and decision making tools in a procurement or supply chain organization.
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top