Procurement Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Join us on our mission to once again revolutionize the way the world shops. We are the Amazon Physical Stores Technical Operations team, responsible for launching and maintaining the commerce software services which run stores like Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, and Amazon Pop-Up. Amazon Go, with its "Just Walk Out" technology is already a game-changer for retail, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
We are looking for a high energy person, who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. You will have a proven track record of being able to perform large scale processes and deliver results. You should have the ability to work under pressure, overcome obstacles and preform in changing environment.
The Procurement team manages the flow of materials to our sites by monitoring and mitigating supply risk. Our Procurement Program Manager will work with various functional partners to make sure that items are ordered and delivered to our warehouses on time. The role will also manage vendors will be responsible for some of the teams processes. The right person will be able to review existing processes and continuously work with the team, in order to improve them.
As a Procurement Program Manager, you will:
• Monitor and mitigate overall risk for all new launches
• Continuously work with the team to improve current processes
• Identify and/or eliminate project related barriers for team members and partners
• Establish initial procurement order streams to match supply with demand
• Collaborate with suppliers, to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
• Work on multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Travel up to 20% domestically and internationally might be required
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Retail Planning or similar
• 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, or Inventory Management or equivalent experience such as Consulting, Finance, or Operations
• Analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions
• Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Ability to handle high speed and high pressure environment
• Advanced Excel skills
• 3+ years of hands on experience in procurement, purchasing, buying and/or supply chain.
• Extreme attention to details and willingness to roll up your sleeves
• Ability to perform tactical activities in a high energy environment
• 3+ years of experience as a buyer from a large scale environment
• 2+ years of previous program management experience.
• Experience supporting launch of new sites/stores.
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
• Advanced data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions
Back to top