Procurement Operations Analyst
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. Amazon Fresh offers delivery of fresh groceries and Amazon items.
As a Procurement Operations Analyst for the Amazon Fresh Fulfillment Centers (Fresh FC) team, you will own the multiple site's non-inventory (shipping supplies, MRO, and services) procurement operation responsibilities, including forecasting, inventory management, purchase order creation, management and monitoring. You will also lead supplier management KPI and metrics reporting, and develop and work with stakeholders to find and understand deviation and improvement areas. You will provide procurement leadership for the location(s) and alignment with building leadership team to drive efficiencies and improvements in the building.
You'll also help administer local/provincial/federal contracts and manage vendor relationships, as well as maintain vendor contract files as required by Amazon policies, and work with the Operations Team administering the flow of non-inventory goods in a just in time (JIT) environment.
- Align with the Procurement Operations Manager to provide procurement operations for the building, including: forecasting of non-inventory products, inventory management, non-inventory flow and space models, cycle counts, supplier management, procurement transaction and expediting support,
- Manage non-inventory receiving
- Develop deep knowledge of building non inventory items and align with like buildings to drive best practices
- Manage related KPI to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes including creation of recurring metrics reports
- Develop relationship across the building and network
- Align with Internal customers, Finance and Procurement Operations to understand budgetary targets by building to develop an agreed method of measuring and defining savings, value and other category metrics
- Build the category metrics model based on input from the category team to track and monitor performance to the category strategy
- To measure actual vs planned savings and advise team of trends, escalate issues and own action plans
- Support the procurement operations and category management teams
- Help research and find qualified vendors for a variety of FC needs.
- Invoice management; resolve any account payable issues regarding open invoices, including managing timely receiving and matching proper purchase order to correct invoice.
- Based on projections, initiate the purchase order process to procure non-inventory goods, such as packaging materials, maintenance supplies & parts, and office supplies.
Some travel required: up to 30%
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, IT, or related field, OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 3+ years' procurement experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Process and information flow understanding
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Supervisory or management experience
- Supplier/ vendor relationship management
- Experience in Grocery industry
- Experience in Oracle or other financial management software
- Experience with cost accounting and procurement
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
- Advanced analytical skills
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top