At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. To sustain our growth and be innovative at the same time, we need exceptionally passionate, talented, bright, and driven people.
This role is a key position within Centralized Timekeeping team for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across multiple hubs and geographies. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation. This role will include diving deep into process and metrics to proactively identify pain areas/manual processes subject to errors and to surface them out to be reviewed for potentially automation/process improvement journey.
• To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the hubs through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
• To work closely with leaders/SMEs/Quality Auditors and other stakeholders to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change
• To lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
• To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within processes and identification of better ways of working
• To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
• To assist in the development and implementation of a 'best-in-class' continuous improvement strategy
• To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
• To elicit requirements and drive process change using employee interviews, customer anecdotes, metrics analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
• To work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements
• To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance •
To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
• To set up a program, deliver coaching and run projects across hubs and complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
• Overall experience of over 10 years with minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
• Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
• Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/'WorkOut' sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
• A 'completer-finisher' taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
• Experience of hands-on implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
• Experience of designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
• Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
• Six Sigma Certified - Green Belt/Black Belt
• Strong systems knowledge. Experience PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, ADP or other HR management and Payroll systems as well as call center applications.
• PHR, GPHR, or SPHR certification.
• Ability to handle projects using the Project Management principles and methodology.
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma.