Process Engineer - Deployment Operations
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
This individual will work in the Deployment Operations team to develop process engineering standards for the deployment of all Amazon Robotics solution at Amazon FC's globally ensuring high quality using Lean principles. Assist in developing systems strategy within the organization to define metrics and reporting and integrating systems to ensure accurate and timely data collection. Work with leadership and Amazon finance teams to understand value proposition of reducing deployment times and write white papers to justify new strategies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create standard processes for 3PA's along with in line quality control check points to catch defects upstream and avoid additional QC cost downstream.
- Apply complete knowledge of industrial engineering process improvement strategies and lean techniques (eg. Method analysis, work combination charts, ergonomics, visual controls, safety, Kanban, poka yoke) to analyze and improve overall deployment operations
- Develop an organizational wide NPI phase gate process that aligns with the Amazon process to ensure early engagement and Design for Deployment (DFD)
- Work with suppliers and support manufacturing tooling and fixturing for 3PA's
- Lead the training and knowledge management initiative to create a global electronic repository which serves as a self-service kiosk for 3PA's and other deployment engineers
- Financial analysis on new proposals from the process engineers to calculate ROI & Payback periods to justify spend to the business
- Work with interns to create simulation models for capacity planning and proposing requirements for scalability
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of metrics, process capabilities, LEAN and IE techniques/tools
- Travel requirements: Ability to travel internationally upto 30% per year
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Question the status quo attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with simulation software for capacity planning
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top