The Air Hub Process Engineer will be responsible for creation and implementation of critical roles within the new Amazon Air Hub. Working with internal business partners, the Process Engineer will apply best practices in order to validate the design and launch of Amazon Air's new Air hub in Hebron, KY (CVG airport). In this role, you will report to the Operations Engineering Manager and work with onsite vendors, partners, and subject matter experts to help manage complex projects at the Air hub. You will observe and diagnose air hub processes, identify improvement opportunities, communicate real-time events, Learn & Be Curious about ways to improve current operations to make generational improvements, prescribe improvement strategies, and ultimately assist in the transformation effort. In doing so you will be a key contributor to the hub operations standard work. Your observations, projects, and efforts will help guide the design and construction of the most customer-centric air operation in the world.
This position will require proactively defining priorities and taking action as needed. A successful candidate must be inherently curious, think big, understand and champion ACES/Lean principles, and thrive in an unstructured environment.
- Plan and design systems that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance
- Recommend and implement changes to safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards
- Development of labor standards through work measurement
- Project management from conception to completion
- Conduct and lead project meetings with Sr. Management
- Assessing and optimizing the processes and equipment used in the facility
Typical projects could include spearheading a redesign effort for the inbound unload, evaluating the ergonomic needs and issues induct work areas, or conducting a capacity planning and analysis study for peak season. Align current Amazon technical processes and virtual interface with emerging requirements for a new inbound and outbound processes.
Understand, articulate, and implement mechanisms that drive efficient process.
Work in an ambiguous environment to understand current process, define process, and work with senior leadership in capturing value for a long-term project.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience building processes within the logistics environment
- Experience managing large capital projects
- 4+ years' experience using Kaizens and LEAN tools
- Experience using and communicating performance metrics
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project) and AutoCAD
- Strong data mining skills including ability to use SQL and database programs.
- Some travel may be required
- Experience with FC, SC, or logistics operations
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to Think Big and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Master's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve engineering problems
- Computer programming skills as an added bonus
- Ability to work with all levels of Associates and Mangers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top