Process Control Specialist - start date 2021
- Richmond, United Kingdom
The Process Control Specialist is responsible for managing workflow of outbound department of multiple fulfillment centres from a remote centralized location, based out of our LCY2 Fulfillment Center in Tilbury, UK. Key areas of responsibilities would include managing the workflow of outbound orders across multiple processes and managing customer experience while minimizing fulfillment cost. The Process Control Specialist would be responsible for communication of workflow status with Operations and Area Managers whilst escalating any Customer Experience Risks and reporting any SLA failure risks or deviation from Standard Work to the Sr. Managers and General Manager. The Process Control Specialist is expected to play the role of an advisor to the operations team based on his holistic view of the outbound flow and facilitate communication between multiple areas of outbound operations. As part of this role you will be required to work flexible shift patterns and provide cover for holidays and short notice events.
The shift pattern might include permanent nights.
The Process Control Specialist is expected to provide operational insights to the Amazon Fulfillment Technology team and work with them to develop advanced and intuitive automated flow control for outbound operations.
• Understand Outbound Shift Planning
• Understand Technical Details of FC Systems
• Ability to grasp the operational concepts of flow settings for FC picking systems that include flow pick and batchy pick paths for multiple FCs with different volume and demand patterns.
• Understanding of the boundary of responsibilities between Operations on the floor and Central flow as dictated by Standard Work developed by Central Flow Management.
• Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues. Escalate to management, facilities.
• Communicate Customer Shipment Risk and performance opportunities to FC operations in a standardized manner.
• Ability to track and report system performance through various equipment performance monitoring software platforms.
• Help a team to Develop Automated Flow tools
• Ability to advise and teach the basic flow standards to the new managers through communications and advise them on standard flow settings thus speeding the learning curves of new managers.
• Ability to teach and advise new flow leads as we onboard new candidates to the central flow center.
• Fluent in English
• Has strong communications skills able to express key messages and interact with different customers within the FC individually and with groups via remote methods such as telephone, e-mail and instant message platforms
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills, can analyze numerical data points, work with data to assess situations and take appropriate action.
• Must be flexible in terms of work schedule; willing to work nights or longer hours, if necessary.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and stressful situations without much management oversight.
• Detail oriented: accuracy is essential.
• Knowledge of additional EU language would be an advantage.
• Bachelors Degree Preferred (Industrial Engineering, Big Data).
• Outstanding interpersonal skills must display patience, strong customer service skills and helpfulness at all times
• Good judgment, self-empowered and autonomous.
• Ability to demonstrate working well in a team environment remotely and at an advisory level.
• Computer knowledge and preferably SQL code language.
About our rewards
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top