Private Equity Solutions Architect
- Stockholm, Sweden
Talkers Talk, Builders Build.
Would you like to help the largest Private Equity (PE) firms and their portfolio companies leverage new technologies to improve their operations?
Would you like to use your IT leadership experience to
build relationships with technical leaders, C-level executives, and influencers at all levels across the PE segment?
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team that supports specific PE firms and be a key contributor to their portfolio companies adopt cloud?
Do you love to innovate on behalf of customers?
As a Private Equity Solutions Architect, you will work directly with Private Equity firms, their portfolio companies, and consulting partners to help them adopt new technologies and make the most of the Cloud. You will be at the crossroads of business and technology, engaging with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. You will provide thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value that technology creates for our customers. You will practice your creativity by linking technology to tangible solutions. You will educate PE firms and their portfolio companies about the art of the possible, defining and developing cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. You will have the opportunity to present publicly at AWS conferences and industry events.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive customer engagement with business, finance or IT executives at the highest levels of our PE customers. You will
have experience working with complex IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. You will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of businesses.
The Private Equity Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have
a balanced technical foundation and a desire to learn. You will develop deep expertise in AWS technologies, as well as a broad set of tools and methodologies of how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of your customers. We value your passion to discover, invent, and build on behalf of customers. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so you can make impactful contributions to architecture discussions with customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
As a Private Equity Solutions Architect, you will work directly with Private Equity Firms and their portfolio companies to accelerate projects, ensuring they have the technical resources required to be successful using AWS services, and recommend best-practice architectures to scale and operate on AWS. You will:
• Be responsible for understanding specific use cases for the PE backed portfolio companies and designing the appropriate AWS-based technical solution, which may include integrating with third party solutions
• Own the technical relationship with Private Equity firms and the C-suite of portfolio companies and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Serve as a key technical member of the Private Equity team in helping to ensure customer success in architecting, building, migrating, or optimizing applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Build rapport with Executives at both Private Equity firms and their portfolio companies, leveraging your understanding of enterprise architecture, merger and acquisitions, migration and cost optimisation of IT infrastructure and other key technologies (Cloud, software development, open source software tools, infrastructure management, migrations etc.)
• Be responsible for establishing technical credibility with the technical teams within Private Equity firms or of their portfolio companies and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the PE segment.
• Provide technical and architectural guidance to PE firms and their portfolio of investments and help develop cost optimization strategies by deploying the right architecture and AWS pricing models.
• Evangelize and educate key stakeholders with the Private Equity ecosystem about AWS technologies.
• Share the voice of the customer to influence the roadmap of new features and services for the AWS platform.
• Create and capture best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by hiring, coaching and mentoring others.
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
• Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, related field OR equivalent technical work experience
• Experience working directly with customers (internal or external) in either technical pre-sales, post-sales, consulting, or customer support function.
• 7-10 years of experience as a technical leader architecting, building, consulting, and/or operating large scale distributed applications and infrastructure
• Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed.
• Passion for technology and for learning
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience working in a customer-facing role interacting with senior levels stakeholders include C-suite
• Experience collaborating effectively with internal or external stakeholder groups (Customers, System Integrators, ISVs, etc.) at multiple levels
• Experience in Private Equity, Hedge Funds, or Investment Banking specifically defining technology strategy or IT implementations/integrations related to Mergers and Acquisitions
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures and experience architecting, developing, deploying, and/or operating IT applications or infrastructure on AWS services (or other related cloud computing technologies)
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT including: application development, database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc.
• In depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, serverless, big data, analytics, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
• Experience introducing cloud or new technologies to meet or exceed business requirements
• Experience presenting in one to many public forums
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
• Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent) in Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field.
Back to top