Principal-Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to build a business from the ground up? Are you interested in building new devices/services? If yes, you should consider the Devices team. Our team is launching new devices/services globally, and we are looking for an exceptional technical program manager. As Principal Technical Program Manager, you will own the team's roadmap of devices and services, drive delivery with the product owners and engineering teams, and will lead regular progress meetings with Devices Senior Leadership.
As the Principal Technical Program Manager you will help the team to build new devices/services and scale them across a range of geographies. In your role, you will challenge the status quo to deliver step change improvements in how Amazon takes new devices and services to market. You will work with multiple external and internal teams (product, hardware, software, operations, marketing, finance and more). The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional.
This exceptional role requires an individual with a track record of shipping devices/services, experience working with ODMs, product and engineering teams, experience working with multiple partner teams across geographies, and stellar leadership skills to create a vision and rally teams around a common goal. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovating, have deep technical expertise, be comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
• Experience shipping software and hardware devices
• Experience working with global teams and diverse partners
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
• Experience in IOT, electrical or smart appliances
• Self-starter/start-up mentality
Back to top