Principal UX Designer, Brand Protection
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a Principal UX Designer to help create groundbreaking experiences for the world's biggest brands, empowering them to effectively manage their brand, sell and grow across Amazon stores.
As a Principal UX Designer, you will be trusted to operate with a high degree of independence and ownership, including in areas where the program strategy is still being defined. Informing your judgement is deep knowledge and practical experience in UX best practices & processes, product design and data visualization.
You invent, evolve, improve, and simplify in a manner that scales across multiple teams, feature types, and development methodologies. You are flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of a broad set of partners. At the same time, you are highly collaborative, adept at driving for alignment and helping efforts avoid getting lost in the "mushy middle".
• Use business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Design conceptual sketches, wireframe information architecture, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
• Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers
• Lead brainstorming sessions and give presentations to drive design, demonstrating features and flows
• Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies), using that to inform future design
We are open to hiring this role either to sit in our Seattle office or to work remotely (U.S. only).
• 10+ years of professional experience as a Senior UX/Interaction Designer or similar role
• 5+ years of experience leading creative, multi-disciplinary teams
• Portfolio of launched and shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centered design principles.
• Bachelor's degree in UX design, HCI, or equivalent professional experience.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision, etc.
• Experience in the intellectual property/brand protection industry
• A history of building highly effective design that exemplify creativity, curiosity, rigor, and fun.
• Deep knowledge of usability principles and user testing techniques.
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task while collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other designers in an iterative environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top