Principal UX Designer AWS Serverless
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Principal UX Designer to join our growing design and research studio. We are looking for a designer who leads by doing, loves solving problems at massive scale, and brings their best self to work every day.
You will be responsible for driving and implementing a design strategy for AWS Serverless in partnership with our design team and product stakeholders. Throughout the product lifecycle you will work collaboratively across design, engineering, product management, documentation, and senior leadership.
AWS Serverless is a passionate team of customer obsessed problem solvers. We invent and simplify how developers build and run cloud applications quickly instead of spending time managing infrastructure and servers. You will have a significant impact on our business as you help define our overarching design vision and direction. AWS services in the Serverless space include AWS Lambda, AWS Serverless Application Model, AWS Serverless Application Repository, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon MQ, and AWS API Gateway.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Low cost. Instant Elasticity. Open & Flexible. Secure.
We work to enable our customers to harness the power of the cloud, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. We are a growing band of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers. We routinely design for experiences that would not have been possible a short time ago. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, come join us!
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• Serve as a thought leader in the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Define a UX strategy and create user-centered designs by working backwards from the customer, utilizing customer feedback, market analysis, and usability findings
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
• Present your solutions to design, product and engineering and leadership, and senior leadership. Synthesize and manage feedback to incorporate changes appropriately, and iterate the vision and design accordingly
• Continually iterate and evolve the way we design and learn from our customers
• Chart a course for yourself in ambiguous situations. Lead strategic thinking across the team and mentor designers
• 10+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role
• Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, senior leadership, and cross-functional stakeholders
• Experience creating prototypes and wireframes for complex web applications and workflows
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) and the associated customer outcomes is required to apply for this role
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
• Experienced in best practices for envisioning, design strategy, information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as a strong understanding of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
• Experience designing large-scale enterprise and/or cloud-based products
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills that include experience presenting and influencing senior leadership
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research, and synthesizing analytics)
• Experience with UX design across a product suite with complex workflows for technical and sometimes niche customers
• Experience working on a collaborative team and working directly with developers to implement designs
• Experience in envisioning and delivering UX solutions for projects of the largest scope and complexity that often cross organizational boundaries
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, or similar
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top