Are you intrigued or passionate about Machine Learning (ML) and ready for your next UX challenge? Do you wonder what artificial intelligence and data science will look like in 10 years? The Amazon SageMaker team is looking for passionate and innovative design leaders who will guide our design efforts in this emerging and exciting field.
With SageMaker, developers and data scientists have the ability to build, train, and deploy machine learning models quickly. As a fully-managed cloud service, SageMaker covers the entire data science workflow from data preparation and exploratory data analysis to model building and inference; our charter is to make data science and machine learning understandable, affordable, scalable, and accessible to everyone. The foundation of the SageMaker user experience is the industry standard, open-source Jupyter Notebook.
You are an experienced design leader, ready to champion human centered design to simplify complicated and painful customer tasks and activities in data science and machine learning. You feel at home working in diverse, cross-functional teams that include product managers, scientists, and developers.
You have deep knowledge and practical experience in all aspects of UX design for software applications, from user research and idea generation to interaction design and functional design prototyping. You focus on details and obsess over ways to improve the customer's experience. You have big ideas and aren't afraid to experiment, because you know failure is an important part of innovation.
You might have concerns about the job requirements or technology, but still feel like you'd be a good fit. Don't let that stop you. We're looking for talented, motivated, UX designers to bring their unique skills to the role--and we're flexible in order to find the right candidate.
We need a creative and customer-obsessed Sr. UX Designer to help lead new initiatives for AWS SageMaker. Your work will help simplify, improve and define software that empowers millions of people working with code and data such as scientists, engineers, developers, analysts, and students.
You will work collaboratively with leaders inside AWS, the open-source community (Project Jupyter, etc.), and AWS customers to deliver bar raising products that are intuitive, understandable, and a joy to use.
You'll be responsible for driving design deliverables such as interaction models, scenarios, sketches, story boards, wireframes, user interface designs, and prototypes. You're an expert at using Photoshop, Sketch, InVision, or other prototyping tools like HTML/CSS. You know how to balance qualitative and quantitative data to help make the best user-centered design decisions.
• Design products that delight a wide range of users working with code, data, and machine learning models on the AWS AI platform
• Help a growing UX team develop a comprehensive design vision, approach, and strategy
• Drive design projects through all phases, from user research and exploratory prototypes to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
• Collaborate on design projects with open source projects in the data and machine learning space, including Project Jupyter.
• Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 10+ years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, interaction designer, or similar role
• Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating user-centered design solutions with measurable outcomes
• Working familiarity with data science and machine learning concepts
• Design experience with tooling for technical users; computational notebooks, IDEs or similar.
• Design experience in the field of data science and machine learning.
• Ability to present work using functional prototypes built with InVision, Sketch, Figma, HTML/CSS/JS, or similar
• Understanding of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) to help inform design and interaction decisions
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides
• Practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and designs
• Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering
• Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, and social skills.
• Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
• Experience defining, building, and maintaining design systems that spans multiple products
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts appropriately to different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Experience designing for accessibility and inclusivity
• Experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon Web Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation