Help shape the future of Alexa, by empowering our ever-growing community of developers across the globe. Our vision is to create the world's leading self-service AI developer environment that empowers skill builders to craft experiences that make Alexa a natural and enriching part of everyday life. We aim to democratize the creation of these voice experiences for a broad range of roles and proficiencies.
We serve a diverse group of users from programmers to designers, from individuals to big companies, and help them create engaging experiences for millions of customers of Alexa.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, voice designers, design technologists, and UX researchers who are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers who are shaping the future of human-machine interfaces.
You lead by doing and have a passion for solving problems at massive scale. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who flourishes in a large organization. You sincerely believe that design is more than how something looks, but also how it feels and functions. You enjoy great design debates and thrive on iterating based on customer feedback.
You will be working with other stakeholders on various aspects of Alexa capabilities and functionalities. You empathize with developers and customers and thrive to shape the future of voice and multi-modal interaction for people across the globe.
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, program, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, setting UX guidelines, creating assets, and ensure bar-raising quality all the way to market.
• Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to fulfill the vision
• Use various inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems.
• Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the User Experience team
• Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
• Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
• 10+ years professional experience as an interaction designer / user experience designer; experience in human computer interaction.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
• Experience shipping large-scale products.
• Experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's Degree in digital design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Professional experience with the voice industry and artificial intelligence
• Ability to prototype voice user experiences with readily available tools.
• Experience with working in a fast-paced software development environment.
• Desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
• Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation