Come join a creative team dedicated to solve complex problems. Amazon is seeking a seasoned Principal Technical Program Manager for its eCommerce Compute division, to lead a region-flexibility program which enables us to leverage new AWS regions and improve the efficiency and scale of our business. The end-state architecture should enable services to break region coupling with their inter-dependencies while retaining the ability to keep critical business functions within a region. The solution is expected to improve customer latency through local affinity to compute resources, and reduce blast radius in case of region failures.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and creative technical program manager to define and deliver innovative solutions around region flexibility. The candidate should understand system design and service-oriented architecture, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be comfortable with ambiguity, and lead cross-group teams across Amazon, on an unbeaten path. The candidate should be able to recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of planning and delivering complex programs with multi-year roadmap, using Agile and incremental delivery methods. Have experience working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, cross-group teams spread across multiple geographies and handled communication from technical developers to senior VPs.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• 10+ years of experience in planning, delivering results on complex, technical products or services
• A deep understanding of agile software development process and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional relationship-building skills with customers and partners
• Strong business and technical vision
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science or technology
• Prior experience in a technical role, such as software development
• Demonstrated quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our platform, our products, and the technical landscape
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.