- Seattle, WA
Millions of customers around the world shop Amazon from just about every device. Thousands of engineers around Amazon build those shopper experiences and need a flexible, safe, and powerful platform upon which to perform their magic. We are looking for a creative and customer-obsessed Principal Technical Program Manager to help us integrate the technologies, teams, and projects into a cohesive platform for our builders. The platform provides the building blocks for developers to build shopper experience components. These are combined into delightful experiences by business owners. The platform provides capabilities for decoupled experimentation to a large number of teams and developers. The massively scalable and distributed platform has extremely high throughput, integrates with all areas of Amazons shopper experiences to enable a state-of-the-art low-latency and personalized experience across all worldwide markets, devices and categories, that can be tailored to all use cases.
The ideal candidate is leader in technology, customer obsessed, able to gather and deliver on requirements across a variety of businesses. They are able to connect existing technologies with new ones, and map out gaps in our platform offerings. They drive for optimal balance of flexibility, ease of use and safety of toolsets that can to scale to large number of business use cases, often with competing/conflicting requirements. The candidate is able to identify unspoken needs of customers and thrives in a fast-paced innovative environment.
In this role, the candidate will shape our technical direction and define the platform products that allow our teams and customers to innovate quickly. To deliver on this, they will work backwards from the shoppers and experience developers. They will define features and roadmap, drive projects end-to-end, and collaborate with technical teams to deliver on the roadmaps. They will also evangelize new features and program direction to our internal customers, working to accelerate platform adoption, track the realized impacts, and communicate results with the senior leadership.
There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact, while working with talented technical leaders who will inspire you and make coming to work everyday fun. If you're up to the challenge, we'd love to talk to you.
• 8+ years technical product or program management or technical leadership experience
• A proven track record of working with customers to define products and tools that developers and users interact with.
• Technical skills to understand products at a software architecture and design level.
• Ability to work across multiple engineering teams and leaders to build a committed roadmap.
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives.
• Experience building and operating Internet scale products, services and platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with senior leaders across a large enterprise.
• Ability to discern short term vs long term roadmaps and the conflict/impact of each.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top