Principal, Technology Business Development - Amazon Halo
- Seattle, WA
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technologies and strategic partnerships? Would you like to be on a team that is inventing new products and using computer vision, machine learning and other advanced technologies to solve these problems?
The Amazon Devices organization designs and engineers high-profile, groundbreaking consumer devices including the Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Dash and Kindle product families. Amazon Halo is looking for an exceptional Business Development leader to join us in building innovative products in the health and wellness category.
The Role: We are looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working, and talented Principal, Technology Business Development to join our fast paced, start-up like environment to help invent the future of health. In this role, you will work closely with senior leadership, product management and engineering teams to secure and develop new strategic partnerships with leading companies across a variety of market segments to support the growth of Amazon Halo. This is a high-impact, strategic business development role - you will help drive product innovation, new business development and strategic partnerships critical to the program. You will be required to handle multiple high-priority projects across a variety of partnership and transaction types, as well as effectively negotiate terms that benefit Amazon and our customers. All candidates should have experience delivering results at Amazon scale, have strong business judgment and instinct, and be capable of diving deep while thinking big. Success in this role requires that you thrive in ambiguous environments, have polished professional presence with strong ability to influence, and structure innovative and impactful partnerships. In this role, you will:
• Lead the identification, evaluation, negotiation and execution of strategic partnerships and marketing deals that drive competitive advantage and customer delight, and support strategic objectives on a global basis.
• Set and execute strategy for engaging with partners, including prioritizing partners, negotiating agreements, and managing ongoing relationships.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and work with leaders across all functional areas of Amazon to execute on these relationships.
• Manage both executive and working level relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive buy-in and deliver results.
• Author strategy and business review docs and lead reviews with senior leadership regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Recruit and mentor other business development and team members.
• 10%-30% travel required.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 10+ years of post-degree business development experience in the technology industry in both high impact individual contributor and team leadership roles OR 12+ years of post-degree experience in a combination of business roles including business development, corporate development, product management, or related positions
• Experience identifying and executing partnership deals, including structuring and negotiating agreements
• Experience evaluating and developing business and partnership models to identify key terms to optimize for and performing analyses on large datasets to extract actionable insights
• MBA and/or JD
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to close partnerships with leading companies
• Experience executing strategic, large-scale and complex partnerships with leading technology companies and major consumer brands
• Demonstrated track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing projects, and delivering results in fast-paced, dynamic work environments
• Proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build lasting, trust-based working relationships
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• Consistently meets and exceeds quantified goals
• Excellent communication (oral and written), persuasion and presentation skills with collaborative problem / solution solving ability
• Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies; committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Experience directly managing business development professionals
• Strong bias for action, tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly with large, less nimble partners and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, weigh trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical leaders
• Sound business judgment that combines strong analytical thinking within a bigger picture strategic context
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top