Principal Technical Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in creating an exceptional customer experience for our Selling Partners and accelerating web development to enable our builders to create best-in-class front-end experiences?
The Strategic Initiatives team's mission is to transform our customer experience and operational processes by isolating our investments on the business capabilities we aim to offer our customers. We are responsible for delivering the delivering end-to-end, customer-focused solutions to enable over 2 million Selling Partners worldwide to manage and grow their business. We are looking for an exceptional, innovative Principal Technical Program Manager to join our newly formed team to help shape the future of our Selling Partners customer experience and UI development, by leading a technology strategy, and roadmap.
In this role, you will work alongside a dynamic group of business owners, Product Managers, UX designers, engineering where agility, teamwork, and creative thinking are highly valued. You will be a critical part of the creation, evolution, and implementation of our cross-functional products such as the navigation, global selling, UI components, browser metrics and logging libraries, a design system, build and deploy Webpack, and Amazon Site builder features. It involves working across the organization to define requirements, identify dependencies and manage timelines. You will drive the communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change management, control. You will also drive communication with our partner teams, and business owners to coordinate roadmap planning and deliver solutions against our goals. The ideal candidate will possess excellence in planning, execution, have a well-rounded technical background and develop, drive high-level strategic initiatives. You have the ability to take complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. You embody high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical leadership are essential to being successful in this role. You will have the opportunity to build, scale and shape the direction of this business, and the products we offer our customers, at a global level.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager you will...
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of large, cross functional projects across multiple teams.
• Partner with our product managers and business partners to collect requirements, write specifications, drive project planning, and manage execution from design to release.
• Contribute to building and implementing the long-term technical strategy and roadmap for Strategic Initiatives team.
• Ability to navigate and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, unhindered by ambiguity.
• Dive deep into our architecture and systems to support our product teams in driving innovation and continuous customer experience improvement.
• Drive operational excellence and ensure that the tools, processes, and services you own or help deliver are well designed, scalable, highly available, and deliver timely results.
• Partner with our product team to own regular business reviews with senior leadership on program updates, roadmap status, risk assessment, and strategic planning.
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software projects.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
• 5+ years of technical program or product management experience.
• Experience managing projects between cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, able to influence at executive level.
• First-hand working knowledge of current web technologies.
• Strong business acumen, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Works well in a dynamic team environment and is able to effectively drive cross-team solutions having complex dependencies and requirements.
• Proven track record of earning trust with global stakeholders with disparate working styles.
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• AWS experience is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Excellent prioritization, communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience delivering technology products and services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Back to top