Principal Technical Program Manager, Shopping Experience
- San Diego, CA
About the team
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing worldclass support, and building loyalty with Amazon's millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Selling Partner Trust, Abuse, Risk and Reviews (STAR) focuses on building and maintaining selling partner trust, preventing multiple forms of seller and vendor abuse, and reinforcing customer trust in our store. STAR addresses risk from Selling Partner accounts across three areas. The STAR team enforces Amazon's selling and listing policies regardless of whether they are acting alone, or in collusion with other parties. The team also creates a trustworthy selling experience to ensure that Selling Partners perceive Amazon as the safest and most effective store in which to sell their products worldwide. Finally, STAR partners with all CTPS teams to audit and ensure accuracy in our enforcement actions.
About the role
We're looking for leaders who are passionate about providing exceptional products, think globally, and have the ability to innovative on behalf of Amazon and its Customers, are you that person?
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Basic qualifications
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience planning and managing multiple parallel projects
• Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features.
• Ability to create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications and must be able to:
• Experience in identity management strategies and execution, or related domain.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Understand, plan, and manage the cross-team interdependencies for complex systems
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner to businesses and stakeholders
• Solid experience and track record of successful system implementations utilizing multiple project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Strong familiarity with agile methodologies.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top