Principal Technical Program Manager - REX
- Tokyo, Japan
It's all about Customers and creating the best experience for them! As a Principal Technical Program Manager in Recipient Experience, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large scale projects end to end. Responsibilities include tight collaboration with several teams including Software, Business, UX, Machine Learning and Analytics. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts across teams to deliver the best for customers.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. Are you able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 6 + years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Experience working with large scale, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience working with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top