Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
This role is open for Sunnyvale, CA, Redmond, WA and Alexandria, VA locations.
The Principal Technical Program Manager in Project Kuiper's Security team will drive the development and assurance of world-class cyber and information security throughout Kuiper's infrastructure and technology. This role is at the forefront of delivering highly secure space and terrestrial broadband telecommunication services for consumer, enterprise, telecom, transportation and government customers around the world.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on security expert who thrives in the face of ambiguity, and has a proven track record of delivering high-impact cross-functional goals. In this role, they will establish and lead ongoing projects and programs focused on protecting customer information, preventing unauthorized access to Kuiper assets and resources, proactively identifying and mitigating threats, translating customer needs into technical requirements, maintaining compliance with global regulatory and legal regimes, preventing malicious or fraudulent behavior, and more.
The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, ranging from hardware, through front-end UIs through to back-end systems and all points in between. They will have material software design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of data networking and understand modern operating systems.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Identify functional and technical security requirements by partnering with product, engineering and other internal security teams
• Analyze the security of devices, applications and services to identify security risks and mitigations, and quickly react to new threat scenarios
• Work closely with hardware and software engineers to build secure solutions that meet customer needs
• Create controls and mechanisms to drive adoption and iterative improvement of security capabilities throughout Kuiper's technology and infrastructure
• Drive execution and maintain alignment through creating program management structure and engagement with engineers, leaders and executives
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of combined technical program management, product development and/or computer engineering experience
• 5+ years of cyber and/or information security experience
• Experience in business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• Advanced knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, application security and shared responsibility model
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Significant experience with the application of threat modeling and security controls or other risk identification and mitigation techniques
• Hands-on ownership of a security product or security engineering practice such as vulnerability hunting, incident response, network security, security reviews, etc.
• Strong technical skills in software development, network engineering, or systems engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us