Principal Technical Program Manager – Privacy, Alexa Experience and Devices
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave. We deliver world-class products on aggressive schedules that are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and technically adept leader who can work closely with our product development teams, helping them build products and services that customers trust. As a Technical Program Manager for Alexa, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services.
About you: You are a seasoned technical program manager/engineer looking for a career where you will lead initiatives across the entire Alexa organization. Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You are able to quickly grasp system design, data flows, and other technical aspects of a service. You also enjoy learning and contributing to aspects of the business, legal, and marketing side of a product. You are an excellent translator between various parts of the business and the technical teams you work with. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
- 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working within a Software Development Team
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience working with issues related to customer privacy and/or information security
- Experience managing cross functional technology, product management, QA and testing teams to deliver complex products
- Experience developing, implementing, and enforcing policies applicable to entire organizations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions
- Previous work experience as a software developer
- Inclined towards occasional international travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top