Principal Technical Program Manager - Privacy
- Perth, Australia
Are you are customer-obsessed and love privacy? Do you believe customers should have control over their personal information? Do you want to help teams build systems that respect the customer and enable responsible use of personal data at scale? Do you want to help define the privacy best practices for the organization?
The Customer Service Security team is looking for a Privacy Technical Program Manager who is passionate about privacy and working with our teams who build the ecosystem that powers Amazon Customer Service (CS). CS is one of the largest customer service organizations in the world. Our business operations include tens of thousands of Customer Service Associates around the globe who provide world-class support to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in over 15 languages (and growing).
is looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead our privacy program. In this role, you will work with technical and non-technical stakeholders in our Application Security and Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) teams - and across Amazon Operations - to build out a privacy program that addresses both regulatory compliance and engineering needs across the organization. You'll be using your leadership and technical program management skills to orchestrate and execute on programs to raise the organization's privacy bar. The ideal candidate should have a successful history of delivering best-in-class solutions and driving awareness of the value of this role across the organization.
You'll find qualifications sections below. If you meet all these then we want to hear from you. If you only meet some of them but think you would be great for this role, we want to hear from you. If you meet just one of them but know that you will bring something unique to the team, we want to hear from you.
• Document and communicate privacy landscape of Customer Service organization, including identification and recommendation of areas of improvement.
• Decipher evolving regulations and coordinate across teams in Amazon Operations to implement best practices and report on progress of privacy programs.
• Bring new and disruptive ideas to address a range of privacy challenges.
• Analyze business and technical requirements, identify and present privacy risks and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve the privacy practice
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical team
• Evangelize privacy culture to the internal business teams
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups as part of the organization's privacy efforts
• Communicate with SVPs, VPs, Directors, and Managers to prioritize and execute remediation plans
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 10+ years managing complex, cross-functional technology projects and large, distributed solutions.
• Polished executive presence and ability succinctly present status and ideas to executive management.
• Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management, project management, and leading through influence.
• Excellent problem-solving skills - you love problems that have no textbook solution.
• Ability to understand privacy risks and explain them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be a good human being that enjoys being part of a fun team.
• Understanding privacy frameworks and compliance requirements
• Experience with policy making and regulatory processes
• Experience driving privacy programs across large diverse organizations
• Experience with of privacy by design concepts and privacy engineering
• Addressed issues related to customer privacy and information security.
• Developed, implemented, and enforced policies applicable to entire organizations
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Managed efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale applications
Back to top