Principal Technical Program Manager - Prime Video International Expansion
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is changing the way people around the world watch movies and TV shows, with thousands of titles available on an unlimited basis through Prime Video, all on hundreds of devices, including Kindle Fire, Fire TV and Stick, iPads, smart phones, smart TVs and game consoles.
Our service is available in more than 200 territories globally, and we're just getting started.
The Prime Video International team is seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to be the program leader for International Commerce whose mission is to offer a localized commerce (payments) experience to customers across the globe. All commerce projects under this charter are integration heavy and requires excellent leadership skills, strategic thinking, strong technical expertise, the ability to partner effectively across teams within and outside of Amazon, and the ability to manage high-impact projects. We are looking for a highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented individual who also has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
• 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
• Master's degree or other advanced degree in a related field
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets or exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top