Principal Technical Program Manager, Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members. The Prime Video team is seeking a Technical Program Manager to own and drive delivery for high-impact programs in the core technology team to help users worldwide to enjoy live events, movies and TV shows on mobile devices, living room devices, and the web. As part of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work across many groups within and outside Prime Video while getting deep insights into our entire business.
The Principal TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strategic thinking, strong technical expertise, the ability to partner effectively across teams within and outside of Amazon, and the ability to manage high-impact projects. As a member of the team, you'll need to have the ability to understand the fundamentals of the latest video technology and what it takes to launch large scale video services and features that involve multiple teams within and outside of Prime Video. You will drive future technical solutions that will impact how we run Prime Video worldwide. In addition to this, you'll need to be able to influence and deliver new features and exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, living room devices, Fire TV, Alexa, and the web. You will also need to frequently engage business, product and technology leaders and be a strong advocate for our customers. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape how video is consumed for years to come.
If you are interested in leading key strategic programs for Prime Video that have a worldwide impact, enjoy leading and launching products and services that will enable new business opportunities for Prime Video, and delivering innovative and industry leading features to our customers, we'd love to talk with you!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
• 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Experience working in cross functional groups including customers/users, software, supply chain, logistics, design, test, reliability, and failure analysis.
• Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations.
• Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Experience in taking complex products global.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top