Principal Technical Program Manager - Item Authority
An information-rich and accurate product catalog is a key strategic asset for Amazon. It powers unrivaled product discovery, informs customer buying decisions, offers a large selection and positions Amazon as the first stop for product discovery. Amazon Catalog Systems is looking for a customer-focused Principal Technical Program Manager to help us make the world's best product catalog even better.
In this role, you will be a technical leader with massive impact. You will define a new strategic initiative to identify and eliminate catalog defects across multiple and diverse systems within Amazon's e-commerce platform. You will work across diverse and global engineering/operations teams. You will work on some of Amazon's hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. You will define metrics that capture long term success criteria and use data to identify new opportunities. You will regularly communicate with senior management (up to the Amazon S-Team) and other stakeholders on status, risks and regularly acquire executive sponsorship for cross team initiatives. You will mentor other TPMs/PMs to succeed at executing on project delivery.
Key Performance Areas
- You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams.
- You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the programs you own.
- You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
- Through out, you will internalize Amazon's Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 6+ years of relevant program management experience
- Strong understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead
- Understanding of drivers of performance, scale and operational excellence in software and ability to work with software development manager to ensure these aspects in all software used in the program
- Show excellent communication skills in written and oral English with the ability to face external and internal customers in a professional and mature manner
- Candidates should demonstrate superior project management and troubleshooting skills
- An approach that starts from the end customer and then work backwards from there
- Master's Degree in Computer science/Math or related field
- Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
- An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- High level familiarity with data mining or Machine Learning
- Experience with Agile development techniques
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant program management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top