Principal Technical Program Manager - Fulfillment Technology
- Seattle, WA
Do you want a unique, exciting opportunity to lead a software migration effort that will change the game for Amazon's Grocery Businesses? We are looking for a leader who thrives in ambiguity to lead a new team dedicated to this effort within the Global Specialty Fulfillment organization.
In this role you will be a technical leader with massive impact. You will work across stakeholders to define strategy, requirements, and timelines as well as lead cross-functional development teams through design, delivery, and support. As the owner of a complex, org wide technical initiative you will demonstrate thought leadership, a high degree of dealing with ambiguity, ownership, and a bias for action. This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on status, risks, and change control. You will provide project leadership, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has a strong program management background, is comfortable working with large, complex data sets, and has the ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with their stakeholders. You thrive in a start-up environment and be willing to not only operate strategically, but roll up your sleeves and help get the job done.
Key Performance Areas
• You will define and drive the technical strategy for a software migration that will change the game for Amazon's Grocery Businesses.
• You will work across diverse engineering/operations teams and define frameworks that ensure we are prioritizing the right work at the right time and delivering against key milestones.
• You will regularly communicate with senior leadership and other stakeholders on status, risks and regularly acquire executive sponsorship for cross team initiatives.
• You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 10+ years of relevant program management experience
• Strong understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead
• Understanding of drivers of performance, scale and operational excellence in software and ability to work with software development manager to ensure these aspects in all software used in the program
• Show excellent communication skills in written and oral English with the ability to face external and internal customers in a professional and mature manner
• Candidates should demonstrate excellent project management and troubleshooting skills
• An approach that starts from the end customer and then work backwards from there
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Master's Degree in Computer science/Math or related field
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• High level familiarity with data mining or Machine Learning
• Experience with Agile development techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top