Principal Technical Program Manager
- Boston, MA
Come be a pioneer! Amazon Echo devices and Alexa are changing the way people all over the world are interacting with computers. We are creating a world where access to information, control of your smart home, and communication with the people you care about most is always just a word away. Just ask Alexa. We are not just imagining the future we are building it.
Alexa Knowledge ARC team is looking for a customer focused Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help build, ship, and scale informational experiences which delight users, publishers and contributors. The solutions we develop include the knowledge presentation services for delivering multimodal responses to Alexa users for their questions, a platform for acquiring published question and answer pairs at web scale, and a community which allows Amazon users to contribute answers to Alexa's growing knowledge-base.
We're looking for someone who has technical background and has ability to lead medium/large projects within large organizations. You will be expected to gather business and systems requirements from internal and external stakeholders, write specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage the production launch. This role is inherently cross-functional you will collaborate closely with engineers, scientists, managers, and key partner teams. You will be expected to regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of technical program management experience
• Prior experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
• Superior project management and organizational skills
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels
• Strong customer focus and pragmatic decision-making
• Experience delivering innovative experiences
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making trade-offs
• Prior experience with machine learning technologies
Back to top