Principal Technical Program Manager
- Bellevue, WA
Amazon's supply chain is a critical piece to Amazon's retail business. At Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT), teams are working on optimizing the end-to-end inbound supply chain by identifying bottlenecks and gaps in existing systems. Our team is dedicated to flawlessly executing the inbounding of vendor freight into Amazon's network by orchestrating the flow of trailers and inventory into the fulfillment network and aggregating visibility of each shipments' lifecycle which feeds into other supply chain systems. By achieving this, we can positively impact the customer experience by ensuring that we inbound the right inventory at the right time.
We're seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to drive the development and launch of multiple programs in SCOT. In this role, you will influence the design and delivery of core programs, as well as drive adoption of these programs across other teams within SCOT. You will be expected to gather business and systems requirements from internal customers and external stakeholders, write specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage production launches. You will work with our talented dev teams to remove roadblocks and sustain development velocity. In addition to delivering the core programs for our team, you will be expected to seek out new opportunities and programs within supply chain that will further improve the customer experience, and reduce supply chain costs and inefficiencies.
We're looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has lead large projects in the past, and has a strong technical background and experience (especially with AWS technologies). Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipating bottlenecks and escalations, and setting realistic (yet aggressive) expectations are all crucial to the success of our team's mission. Most importantly, passion about the team and our team's vision will enable you to work as a force multiplier across teams to deliver high-impact software and programs.
• 8+ years technical product or program management or technical leadership experience
• A proven track record of working with customers to define products and tools that developers and users interact with.
• Technical skills to understand products at a software architecture and design level.
• Ability to work across multiple engineering teams and leaders to build a committed roadmap.
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives.
• Experience building and operating Internet scale products, services and platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with senior leaders across a large enterprise.
• Ability to discern short term vs long term roadmaps and the conflict/impact of each.
Back to top