Principal Technical Program Manager - Digital Currency
- Cambridge, MA
The World Wide Public Sector team is looking to hire a seasoned Principal TPM to function as the technology enabler for innovating our customer solutions in support of their mission of economic development and inclusion, risk oversight and consumer protection and financial and monetary stability. In this role, the candidate will help shape the technical direction and that allows our team and customers to innovate quickly, will evangelize new features and direction to our customers, working to accelerate feature adoption and track the realized impacts.
As the TPM, you will have to interact with the leadership at all levels (Directors, Governors, GMs, CISOs, CIOs and CTOs) of Central Banks, financial regulators, inter-governmental organizations (IGOs) and international financial institutions (IFIs). You will:
• Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development, and Sales teams to create and drive awareness and opportunities;
• Collaborate with technical contacts for team projects, special programs, offering and initiatives that have broad cross-organizational and cross-business impact;
• Design, develop and deliver programmatic materials for technical field enablement;
• Seek out innovation on behalf of our customers through researching and developing an understanding of related market opportunities and educate on the products and systems involved;
• Communicate requirements, priorities for planning, execution and delivery of programs transforming product offering ideas into technical documentation, including functional requirements, technical specifications, design artifacts, project timelines and statements of work;
• Identify blockers and seek out resolution with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years technical product or program management leadership experience.
• 2+ years of a proven track record of working with customers in banking industry and financial institutions to drive innovation at scale.
• 1+ years of technical experience to understand products, services and technology architecture with familiarity with electronic payment networks, inter-bank payment systems, e-commerce and web services
• 2+ years of experience working across multiple engineering teams and leaders to build committed roadmaps.
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Prior work experience functioning as a CIO or CTO of a FinTech company or a financial institution.
• Previous experience working with financial regulators, central banks, tax authorities, IGOs and IFIs is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with senior leaders across a large enterprise
• Ability to discern short term vs long term roadmaps and the conflict/impact of each.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top