Principal Technical Program Manager
- Iaşi, Romania
The Alexa Orchestration team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM). Orchestration is a collection of large-scale mission critical systems at the heart of Alexa. This position requires an experienced technical leader capable of partnering and influencing senior leaders and executives across all of Alexa. This position has a direct impact on customers and is central to the development and launch of all new Alexa functionality.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design of exciting new projects and overcome complex technical, business and customer experience challenges at scale. You will work in a fast-paced environment and take on unique challenges that will delight customers and have a highly visible impact on our business. You will be a catalyst for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple geographically separated groups delivering jointly on mission critical systems. You will contribute to our success with your hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, business knowledge, and excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end across Alexa's core services. You will collect business and system requirements, write specifications, manage budgets, create project plans, manage risk and program execution, and oversee production launches. You will anticipate bottlenecks, negotiate tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
Our team offers great opportunities for self-driven and results-oriented individuals who are not afraid of big challenges, love to innovate, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and can successfully complex drive programs from start to finish. It's day 1 for Alexa and it's a great time to join our team!
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Proven experience delivering complex large scale software projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience managing programs with geographically dispersed teams
• Hands-on technical background in software development
• Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top