Principal Technical Program Manager - Devices Ad Products
- New York, NY
WE ARE OPEN TO HIRING THIS ROLE IN BOTH NYC AND SUNNYVALE.
Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? This is your chance to have a positive impact on millions of Amazon customers worldwide while working with industry-leading technologies. We're building a 2-pizza engineering team in New York to support a new Device Advertising Products and Personalization (DAPP) line of business within Amazon Advertising. We're looking for passionate, team-oriented, and talented Software Engineers with experience building innovative, sophisticated platforms and experiences that customers love. This is a unique opportunity to get in early and drive significant portions of the technical roadmap.
DAPP seeks to delight worldwide customers of Amazon devices and entertainment experiences with ad-supported discovery of useful products and services. Our display advertising program on Fire TV is growing exponentially and we are doubling down on our success by expanding to other Amazon entertainment experiences. We are a technical and friendly team who has the unique benefit of building software systems that combine data science (AI/ML), device hardware, audience data, mobile apps and desktop web experiences. We care deeply about our device end-users and advertising customers and the well-being and growth of our team members.
About the role:
This role requires experience driving large programs with significant complexity that has broad cross-organizational impact and architectural impact. You will collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to define business and technical strategy, and create efficient execution and structural planning to achieve this roadmap. You will be presenting your program to diverse executive leaders across various orgs. You will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, release planning and testing. You will succeed in these endeavors by combining your technical experience with your ability to listen to, learn from, and communicate with a diverse group of collaborators.
You're a talented technical project manager and architect looking for your next opportunity to innovate, build, and learn. You want to work on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, and the opportunity to learn and develop your career. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly, get things done, and relish the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. You have a proven record of driving and delivering large engineering efforts that solve significantly complex or endemic problems.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms and are equally adept in communicating upwards and downward
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top