Whether watching a favorite show on FireTV or reading a new ebook on Fire Tablet, millions of people worldwide use their Amazon devices for entertainment and enrichment, and this audience is growing.
The Devices Ad Products team is charged with inventing new advertising experiences across Amazon's device ecosystem to delight users while delivering results for advertisers seeking to reach this growing audience. We are a technical and friendly team who has the unique benefit of building software systems that combine data science (AI/ML), device hardware, audience data, mobile apps and desktop web experiences. Our mission is to make ads that are useful for audiences and advertisers alike.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager on the DAP team, you will lead highly visible technical programs to deliver unique advertising experiences on Amazon devices and innovative ad creation tools for self-service advertisers. You will succeed in these endeavors by combining your technical expertise with your ability to listen to, learn from and communicate with a diverse group of collaborators. And, as a leader of other TPMs on the DAP team, you will grow your team by setting an example of how to construct and deliver great tech programs.
We are open to hiring in NYC and Sunnyvale.
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms and are equally adept in communicating upwards and downward
• Experienced people manager of technical colleagues with a focus on their professional growth
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.