Principal Technical Program Manager
- Toronto, Canada
READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG?
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our sellers that offers our Amazon fulfillment centers as a service similar to how EC2 provides infrastructure. Allowing sellers to only pay for what they use, let us create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of sellers who use FBA report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA.
In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers.
What is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)?
The Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) team
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead multiple cross domain programs in the Amazon Inbound Space. You will have significant strategic impacts to Amazon overall inbound strategies. You will work backwards from the Customers/Sellers, collaborate with technical teams across Retail and FBA to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results. You will also evangelize new features and program direction to our customers, track the realized impacts, and communicate results with the senior leadership. You will deal with some of the toughest and most inspiring challenges of your career as you invent new big data paradigms and scale for extreme growth.
If you are excited by the opportunity to lead a high performing engineering team and the development of highly available web services and systems, this may be the right career move for you.
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Expertise working on large and deeply transformative projects
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• MBA and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Experience in advertising domain and technology
• Experience with advertising measurement standards (e.g., MRC, IAB) a big plus
• Experience with large scale and low latency system.
• 5 years of related experience with large scale strategic planning within a disbursed organization.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top